Lisa P. Howard and team takes pride in being involved in many different organizations locally and nationally to make a difference where it counts.
We invite you to join in the support of these great causes:
- Maine Cancer Foundation: Funding local cancer research in the state of Maine.
- Freeze Out Hunger: The Junior League of Portland is a non-profit organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
- Kids First Center: GALA Evening 1 Sponsor
- Maine Breast Cancer Coalition: Support Service Fund Provides financial assistance for breast health and breast cancer related needs for under-insured Maine residents.
- Scarborough Fuel Assistance Program/Project Grace:
- Scarborough High School Career Day participant since its inception.
- Scarborough Project Graduation: Keeping our graduates safe on graduation night, actve sponsor since 2006.
- Summerfest contributor
- Scarborough Primary PTA: Mom’s in Motion Race to the Point
- March 31, 2011: Continuing education for local Dentists and Hygienists for Incognito Orthodontic Braces at Joseph’s By The Sea in Old Orchard Beach, Maine.
- In Service Training: Dr. Howard works with local nurses within our school systems to provide in-service training.
- Yearbook Sponsor for Kennebunk, Thornton Academy, Scarborough High School and Wentworth Intermediate.
- St. James School Fundraising Event: Donated a Phase 1 treatment case for the auction.
- Holy Cross Fundraising Event: Donated a Phase 1 treatment case for the auction.
- Scarborough Athletic Programs: softball, basketball, football, swimming, volleyball, wrestling, field hockey, and Scarborough Athletic Council.
- Cape Elizabeth Basketball
- Gorham Football
- Kennebunk Athletic Programs: hockey, soccer, basketball, and softball.
COMMUNITY & OUTREACH SUPPORT
- Kennebunk Land Trust: Supporter of the Annual Dinner Auction since 2008.
- Adoptive and Foster Families of Maine: Coat drive and recipient of candy 2010.
- Cole Family Foundation: Charitable foundation associated with Maine Association of Orthodontics.
- Candy Buy Back: Patients bring in Halloween candy and earn 1 brace buck or $1 for every pound. The candy has been sent to various groups over the years including the Army National Guard in Iraq, an orphanage in Africa, Maine Veteran’s Homes and most recently Operation Gratitude.
- Buy Local Scarborough: Dr. Lisa P. Howard is a proud member of Buy Local Scarborough. Their mission is to support locally owned, independent businesses, to maintain our unique community character, provide continuing opportunities for entrepreneurs, and to build a sustainable local economy.
- National Foundation of Dentistry of the Handicapped, now known as the National Lifeline Network, a charitable affiliate of the American Dental Association committed, through collaboration, to arrange comprehensive dental treatment and long-term preventive services to needy disabled, elderly or medically compromised individuals.